Do you have a potential insurance dispute? Not all homeowner insurance policies are the same!
Be sure you know what your policy covers before you actually need the Insurance!
Did you know your policy may not cover:
- Sewer backups?
- Water damage if your home was vacant for more than 14 consecutive days.
- Mold damage
- all your home electronics
- The full replacement value of your home computer
- Windstorm damage. Many homes in coastal areas require separate policies
- Cracking or settling damage including Sinkhole damage or losses
- Valuable jewelry
- Collectibles or other expensive items unless you specifically buy coverage for an extra premium
- FLOODING! SEPARATE POLICIES MUST BE PURCHASED TO COVER ANY DAMAGE FROM WATER THAT TOUCHES THE GROUND BEFORE ENTERING YOUR HOME.
These are just a few examples of what your policy MAY NOT cover. If you have questions about your policy or a potential insurance dispute, contact your local agent or call my office to schedule a free policy review today. You never know how much you may need insurance until you don’t have it!
Latest posts by John McMenamin, P.A. (see all)
- Has Your Construction Project Gone Wrong? #ConstructionDefects - July 5, 2017
- Happy Independence Day – McMenamin Law Group - July 3, 2017
- A new trend in insurance, called managed repair but is it good for policy holders? - June 28, 2017